Please note that I am not the original creator of this recipe. All credit for page content goes to Tieghan Gerard, and her blog HalfBakedHarvest.
Click on the title of the recipe below to view the original recpie source, and to contact / support Tieghan.
Butternut Ravioli in Garlic Parmesan Broth and Hazelnut Pesto
This butternut squash cheese ravioli is stuffed with ricotta and parmesan cheese and served in garlic parmesan broth (serious YUM). It's then topped with butter toasted hazelnuts (like browned butter toasted hazelnuts) and a spoonful of pesto. This is the ultimate fall ravioli.
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup white wine or more chicken broth
- 4 parmesan cheese rinds
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 cloves garlic
- black pepper
- 4 cups cubed butternut squash (about 1 medium squash)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and pepper
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 pound fresh pasta dough or 40-50 wonton wrappers
- 4 tablespoons salted butter
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped hazelnuts
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves
- basil pesto, for serving
The ravioli that can be the cure to a stressful Monday…or Saturday…for real.